Compliance Coordinator, L.S. Brinker
- 3633 Michigan Avenue, Detroit, MI (Brinker Main Office)
- Job Sites (As Required)
General Position Summary
The City of Detroit implemented Executive Order 2016-1 which requires all construction contracts with a value of more than $3 million to employ a workforce comprised of at least 51% Detroit residents and/or STEP participants. STEP stands for “Skilled Trades Employment Program”, organized by the City of Detroit. This is a program that partners with local unions to provide incentives for training Detroiters for careers in the trades.
The Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for tracking Executive Order 2016-1 compliance contract by contract and reporting findings to the City of Detroit monthly. This is a multi-step process, and the volume of reports will vary from job to job.
The following is required for monthly E/O reporting:
- Ensure that all subcontractors on your jobsite submit Certified Payroll Reports monthly.
- Ensure that all subcontractors on your jobsite submit a Contribution Summary Worksheet and STEP/Detroit Summary Worksheet monthly.
- Ensure that all subcontractors that are City of Detroit residents submit their proof of residency. Save and track residency proofs and ensure that they are up-to-date for reporting purposes.
- Complete thorough reviews of the Certified Payroll, Contribution Summary and STEP Summary reports and coordinate with contractors as needed to ensure that the correct totals are submitted
- Compile submitted data monthly into an overall Contribution Summary and STEP/Summary report listing all contractors on a given job
- Submit reports monthly to the City of Detroit using the SmartSheet uploading service/li>
- Coordinate with the City of Detroit Inclusion Analyst to review and finalize monthly report submissions
- Collect and report additional data as needed to City of Detroit Inclusion Analyst and implement any necessary corrections to reported data
- Organize and submit all required reporting data to the City of Detroit monthly
- Participate in meetings with subcontractors and City of Detroit compliance personnel as needed
- Tracking and ordering general office supplies for jobsite as needed
- Assisting Project Executives and Project Managers with organizing meetings, including keeping a calendar of all meetings and posting this calendar weekly in a common area. If a meeting space is unavailable, assisting with rescheduling and coordination.
- Maintain supply levels at printer station (ie: paper trays, pens, staples, binder clips, etc.)
- Stock and maintain kitchen items (cups, lids, straws, utensils, plates & bowls, k-cups, coffee creamer, paper towel, etc.)
- Assist with general items day-to-day to maintain the flow and functionality of the office
Job Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Computer knowledge and full proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work productively with project team members
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
The Project Compliance Coordinator derives his or her authority from, and performs all duties with guidance from the Project Executive, the Project Manager or the Assistant Project Manager..
Work Environment Job/Conditions
This job may be performed in the office or on the jobsite and requires frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Due to computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and is expected to be able to comply with all safety regulations in the office and on the jobsite.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by President.
Use the form below to submit your interest in this position and please be sure to attach your resume. In the event that your resume is selected for further review, a representative of Brinker will contact you to proceed with the application and interview process.