Safety is a formal part of our corporate quality program. The Brinker Group holds quarterly internal audits, and has a detailed safety program. It includes directions on bid scope documents, hazardous materials, worker safety, and project site security, among other topics.
Additionally, project staff receive information on individual responsibilities, and details on accident prevention, employee attire and behavior, work procedures, and setting up and maintaining safe site conditions. Personnel practice emergency procedures; designated staff are trained in first aid and certified in CPR.
To achieve our goal of zero accidents, the Company:
- Mandates safety certification for all operations employees.
- Provides safety orientation for new employees and ongoing training.
- Has safe work procedures in place to ensure safety planning to prevent accidents.
- Measures its safety performance (e.g. Experience Modification Rate (EMR), OSHA safety statistics) and communicates safety performance to employees.
- Tests all new non-contractual employees for substance abuse and all contractual employees where permitted by union agreement.
- Evaluates subcontractor safety performance prior to bid awards and requires subcontractor safety plans.